Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Australia migration decision

Recalling how it began.....

So, we're sitting in the car driving home from work one evening, and the husband suddenly says hey you know 2 of my friends received Australian Permanent Resident Visas and left for Aussie some time ago.  Another one just got his, and just left the company to head for Australia.  He got his visa in 7 months.  I think we should apply.

Me : Really?  Are you sure we can get it??  (i mean if it were so easy, i'd expect half of Singapore's IT population to have applied and gone).
Hubby : Yes, I've counted my points the migration website, and I think I qualify to get into Australia.  But we need to go before next May.  (He turns 35 in May, and then they minus 5 points)

So we discussed it, it took quite a bit of him persuading me for me to finally believe that yes, we do have a chance at successfully clearing the points test and really getting into Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment